Saturday, July 18, 2009

God is good - All the time!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

When I flipped open my Bible just now, this is the highlighted verse it opened to and, as always, God knows what's on my mind and what I need to hear.

Today marks a special day in the life of a dear friend, Greg Henry. He and his children are embarking on a new life as he marries Cheryl Cole. I am so happy for them, but have to admit that I'm a bit sad too.

You see, this special day wouldn't be possible if our Lord had not called Greg's wife (who was my sweet friend), Suzanne home almost two years ago. I know that Suzanne would be so happy for Greg and her children, Katie and B.J. and encouraged him to remarry when he felt the time was right. I sincerely pray for all of God's blessing on this new marriage. I love you all!

Because Suzanne has been on my mind so much today, I wanted to share something I wrote about her over four years ago:

"O LORD , God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands . . ." Nehemiah 1:5

A friend of mine, who is one of the sweetest, most Godly women I know, is at the beginning of a battle with breast cancer. One of her favorite sayings is “It’s all good.” I think the reason she can say that phrase – and mean it – no matter what she’s facing is just what this verse is talking about.

Suzanne is obedient to our God – she loves him with all her heart, soul, mind, spirit and body. She loves his children with the same fervor. She goes where he sends her and lives each day in his will. She uses every opportunity facing her to glorify His name. She praises his greatness and honors Him with everything she says and does.

Suzanne does all this with a smile on her face and in her humble heart. She is truly an obedient servant of God. I feel honored to be able to call her my friend.

Suzanne’s loving obedience is a great part of the reason God is keeping His covenant of love with her. She doesn’t know yet where he is taking her with this disease, but she knows He loves her and that He will be there with her every step of the way.

My prayer for the day:

Father, thank you for Suzanne. Thank you for giving her and her family this awesome opportunity to witness for you. I pray that I can be as strong and faithful to you as she is. In your Son’s awesome name, I pray. Amen.

What did God say to you today through this verse?


No comments:

Post a Comment