Saturday, July 18, 2009

OK, Lord, I give up!

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Whew! I can't believe I am doing this, but after years of pushing God's nudges away, I am finally believing Him that He could possibly use me to get His Word and message to others. I trust that He will equip me to do what He wants because I know I sure can't on my own!

I honestly don't believe I have anything worth saying, but God evidently does - He has a whole book full of great things to say! My son told me several years ago that there is always good in what you're saying as long as God's word is a part of it.

God has been bugging me about using writing to glorify Him for YEARS!! He recently used a women's Bible study and a new friend's encouragement and her obedience to write about God's work in her life to push me over the edge into obedience. God knows me even better than I know myself and knows I need the accountability and the hope of helping others to get me to post my writing publicly.

I realized at an early age that God blessed me with a gift of writing. My heart's desire for years has been to use that gift to glorify Him and hopefully to have some sort of positive impact on His Kingdom. Even though each time I've using scripture to inspire writing, God has richly blessed me, I have only been obedient sporadically - when I felt like I'd be letting a friend down if I didn't.

God's Word is a rich roadmap for living life to the fullest. Although His truth never changes, I've found that He uses scripture to speak to me in different ways on different days.

My purpose with this blog is to share a verse and a tidbit of something he brought to my mind when I read it. My prayer is that He will use the scripture to inspire and grow anyone reading it as well.

My prayer is that He is glorified through all that is written here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am SO blessed to have found your sweet blog today! Seriously, you have no idea what an encouragement your words are to me today. What I thought was procrastinating before an evening Starbucks meeting about women's ministry was really just the inspiration and preparation I needed!! Suzanne has been heavy on my heart today and many of those verses, too. How cool that God was preparing my heart for a Word from Him via Terry. :) Thanks for being obedient, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Emily! God knew how much I needed your encouragement today too. Isn't He just something marvelous?! I'm praying for your meeting because you know how near and dear women's ministry & LHBC's especially are to me. Suzanne would be so very pleased and excited to know you are leading it now! As she would say "It's all good and God is good - ALL the time!" love you!

    ReplyDelete