Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Prayer Warrior

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

I wrote the following in 2005, but it came to mind because Sarah is visiting with us in preparation for moving to New Orleans this weekend to go to seminary. She is still a prayer warrior! I cannot wait to see how God grows her as she works on her graduate degree and how He continues to use her the rest of her life! Have to admit tho - wish she weren't going to be so far away, but she is following God's will and I sure can't argue with that!

My youngest daughter, Sarah, is a prayer warrior if I ever met one! She has been our “default” dinner prayer leader for years – so much so that I feel out of practice of praying out loud in front of others. She loves to pray and praise our Lord – not that the rest of us don’t – it’s just hard not to let her pray!

I remember hearing her pray and speak in front of her youth group several times. When I’d comment about enjoying what she said, she’d often tell me she really didn’t know what she said, she had just prayed that God give her the words he wanted the group to hear. I couldn’t help thinking, “Way to go Sarah, turn it over to the Master!”

Last year she volunteered to send daily prayer emails to family and friends of a mission team during their trip to China. You could just feel her love for Christ and for her friends (& brother) who were the mission team as well as for the unsaved people they were encountering each day. I was in awe some days at the way God was using her to speak for Him. I think the key is that Sarah opens her heart and her mouth to allow God to use her as he sees fit. She often struggles with figuring out what He wants her to do, but she always consults him through reading His word and through prayer before she makes major decisions.

My prayer for today:
Father, thank you for the blessing Sarah continues to be in our lives. Thank you for using her to glorify your name. Please continue to use her to do your will. As Sarah always ends her prayers, in your Son’s awesome name, Amen.

What did God say to you today through this verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment